Volkswagen of America, Inc. unveiled the three-row ID. Buzz in Huntington Beach, California today. Paying homage to the iconic Volkswagen Microbus, the three-row ID. Buzz has been tailored specifically for North America.
It offers a longer wheelbase than the two-row European vehicle that debuted in 2022, plus a bigger battery and more horsepower.
Retro design cues—like the oversized VW logo, short overhangs, and available two-tone color palette—meet a tailored interior, cutting-edge EV technology, and advanced driver assistance features, clearly marking it as a vehicle of the future. The three-row ID. Buzz is planned for sale in the North American market starting in 2024.
“The zero-direct emission ID. Buzz is the spiritual reincarnation of the Microbus, reimagined for our electric future,” said Pablo Di Si, President and CEO of Volkswagen of America, Inc. “It is practical, sustainable, and packaged in an unmistakably fun way that is classic Volkswagen. With its launch, the Bus will once again become our brand hero in America.”
– Zero-tailpipe emission ID. Buzz transfers the DNA of one of the greatest automotive icons ever—the VW Microbus—to the era of electric mobility
– Three-row ID. Buzz is tailored for North America: longer wheelbase provides more space for people and cargo than the two-row European vehicle
– North American versions have a 91 kWh battery, 282 horsepower for RWD variant, and available AWD
– Retro design cues meet modern enhancements, including a tailored interior, cutting-edge EV technology, and advanced driver assistance features
– Sales slated to begin in 2024